[CUBE] Installing Processor Upgrades.. How Hard?

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 11:14:10 PDT 2003

> Just HOW hard is it to upgrade my Cube from a 450 MHz to, say, an
> 800mhz,
> with Sonnet's tools and supplies?

I recently upgraded with Sonnet's 800Mhz and the Cube Kit. The
instructions and illustrations are very straightforward, and the Cube
Kit includes the Torx drivers - they are adequate for the job, but if
you have your own with conventional handles they will be easier to use.
A large flat table, preferably without a carpet then you can do it
without a wrist strap, the phone switched off, the children in bed and
it is very straightforward -about an hour and half for the timid not
having previously opened a Cube (me) and less than an hour the second
time, or if cavalier!  I had previously upgraded processors on PCI
boards, but nothing more.

David