[CUBE] upgrade

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Feb 2 02:02:53 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 05:59 PM, Kenneth Strain wrote:

> I have a 120 Gb Western Digital that I want to put in my Cube.  Do I
> need to
> install a fan?

Most people will tell you that you don't need a fan and indeed the
drive is running fine for them. However I had a different experience. I
upgraded my stock hard drive with a 80GB SE Western Digital and it was
running fine for a week and then it started doing a lot of calibrating
and eventually some of my data got corrupted. When I took it out it was
really warm so I decided it might not be a bad idea to put a fan in
after all. Since I put the fan in (months ago) it is running
flawlessly. Just wanted to share my experience in case you run into the
similar problem.