[CUBE] FW hard drive won't mount

Frank French moutard at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 10:50:06 PST 2003

Presume you've tried Apple's Disk First Aid. Though the drive may of died it
may just be a directory error. I've had some success with different drive
errors with Norton Disk Doctor and Disk Warrior. In one case I did a regular
format and used Norton to recover the files. It was quite successful as the
drive couldn't be accessed before the format. Though never recover all the
data to one folder as a folder will thousands of records in it will take
forever to open...
Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

If the pocket drive is a 2 1/2" drive you'd be out of luck but sometimes
moving a drive into the computer case and running the utilities off the
booted CD gives some success.

Most data companies will give you a quote before work commences and some a
guarantee on data recovery though they all say just send the drive don't try
to recover it yourself. I guess using some of the commercial utilities can
screw things up even more but they can recover useable data from some
amazing cases if the reports are anything to go on. Good luck.

Frank