[CUBE] iPod battery life

akiang at att.net akiang at att.net
Wed Feb 12 08:48:16 PST 2003

if you charge the battery using the Cube, unplug it at 11:59pm and plug it back
in at 12:01am.  there's something about midnight that resets the clock on the
iPod if it's hooked up to a computer.

i found that my iPod gets slightly better battery mileage by reverting to 1.1
(pre-clock and equalizer).  still, the battery will be completely drained if
left unused for a week (no dead battery icon even) but will get about 5-8 hours
on a full charge.

my 5 GB iPod is old and has gone through considerable use though -- i bought
mine in november 2001 and used it about 20-40 hours a week for a year before i
got my a 20-gig.