Sensitive power switch

Meirion Roscoe roscoe at macunlimited.net
Sat Jan 4 05:35:51 PST 2003

My cube seems to be a little touchy around the power button area.
Every time I tilt the cube to plug/unplug a cable underneath it clicks
away furiously and powers down completely.  Sometimes even when I am
careful to stay away from the power button, it will just turn itself
off.  On start up there is non of the "your system was shut down
incorrectly" jargon, it just starts up as if it had powered down
normally.  Is the case itself sensitive to the pressure/temperature as
the power button area is?  Could it be a dodgy connection internally or
in the lead? All seems fine, except the power connector sits about 1mm
proud of the case.  I don't want to force it any further.  Is this
normal?  (The culprit?)

Also justa quicky.  Only had my cube 4 weeks and have not played games
on it yet.  Is the video card so bad that it needs updating to a GF2MX
or is it just the search for perfection that drives the change?

Many thanks in advance.

Rossi