No CD/DVD drive after installing a new HD

Brian Nelson brsnelso at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 7 22:27:04 PST 2003

I recently inherited a Cube and installed a Seagate 120GB BARRACUDA V ULTRA
ATA/100 (Mac OS X 10.2.3). After installing this HD the internal CD/DVD
drive stopped working. If in insert a CD I can't eject it (even if I hold
the mouse down during a restart or press the Media eject key).

The odd thing is that if I reinstall the original 20 GB Hard Disk (with Mac
OS X 10.1 and 9.2.2) the CD/DVD drive works fine - thus the only way to
eject a CD seems to be to reinstall the old drive.

Currently my Mac OS 9 CD is stuck in the Cube...

Any suggestions?

Brian