[CUBE] Powerlogix 1.2GHz vs. dual 800

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 08:10:50 PST 2003

My general experience with benchmarking many processors is that for
*Dual Aware* applications the second processor adds about 30-40% to the
effective speed, i.e. a dual 800 would run like a single 1.1 GHz or so
but just on those few applications. On every other application, a dual
800 will run like a single 800. OS X's Finder is dual aware so a dual
800 will be faster than a single 800. The single 1.2 GHz should be
faster than the dual 800 for every operation.

Of course, this is just an educated guess and if you really want to
know, you'll have to wait until they ship and somebody benchmarks them.
I suspect the distributor OWC (www.macsales.com) will be the first or
among the first to do so.

Bill