[CUBE] kernel panics

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Jan 24 14:22:55 PST 2003

> Recent postings have attributed kernel panics to RAM incompatabilities.
> I seem to be having mine when listening to iTunes and working in
> Illustrator (2 programs running).
> Previous panic was listening to iTunes (3.0) w/visual effects on (1
> program running).
> Read a post on panics in iTunes segment of Applecare: nothing startling
> to report.
> Anyone else have similar problems?
>
> 10.2 on 450mhz cube, 320MB RAM
> Firewire: scanner, CDRW
> USB: zip, stock speakers, iSub

I had rather frequent kernel panics while listening to iTunes and surfing the
web. I also have an iSub with stock speakers. Curiously enough the panics have
not been there from the begining. My conclusion is that the USB bus was the
culprit, since the audio is going through USB and also my ISDN adapter is on
the USB bus. I just forgot about music when connected to the net and that was
fine. But ever since I installed the 10.2.3 update the kernel panics have
dissappeared! Now everything just works. Don't know if it helps, just wanted to
share my experience. In any case, 90% of kernel panics are related to RAM
and/or USB
peripherals.

Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom HThinet WebMail usluge.
https://webmail.hinet.hr