Airport networking help

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Sun Jul 20 15:37:38 PDT 2003

I have a question that involves using my Cube, so I thought I'd pose it
to the group. I have cable modem service and have the cable modem
connected to an Airport Base Station (graphite) that serves part of my
house pretty well. I don't get coverage from the base in some parts of
the house and want to extend the network.

Has anyone figured out how to bridge base stations, or use multiple
base stations to act as repeaters? I haven't been able to find any good
resources on this on the web. I'm currently using a G4 Cube, a Pismo, a
400mHz iMac and  TiBook off the base station. The TiBook seems the most
restricted in terms of range, but even the Pismo drops the signal in
parts of the house or outside on the deck.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
-Hal