[CUBE] Dual-head GeForce 2MX with two ADC-displays?

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Mon Jun 2 08:28:20 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-02 17:19, hofman at imv.au.dk wrote:

>>> I guess the dual-head 2MX card fits in the Cube.
>
>> It does, indeed.
>
> If it is the card pulled from the G4 Towers, will it require me to install a
> heatsink so the Cube won't overheat, or is it only a problem for heavy gamers
> using the graphics card for 3D graphics?

It would be advisable, but from what I have gathered, not always necessary.
You will know if your card is overheating; you'll experience video oddities
before anything really blows up or melts down. That will be your cue to
improve cooling.

>>> Will the performance equal the existing if I attach a 20" Studio Display AND
>>> the 15" Studio Display to the new graphics card?
>
>> Equal the performance you're getting now? At some tasks, perhaps. But driving
>> such an amount of real estate will require more from the GPU, therefore you
>> might experience performance degradation in GPU-intensive tasks. Whether or
>> not that's acceptable, only you can decide.
>
> I really only use the Cube for plain websurfing, emailing, word processing and
> simple web graphics editing. Will I feel any difference, you guess?

I really cannot say. I have no GeForce2 MX, be it single or dual display.
Maybe someone who has tried a GeForce2 MX dual head setup can give you a
more definitive answer.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.