[CUBE] [OFF] Tivo & Mac --D-Link DWL-810+ wireless bridge

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun May 4 12:47:54 PDT 2003

At 2:23 PM -0500 5/4/03, Michael Blossom wrote:
>  I have 2 more questions for you:
>
>1) Where did you find the $20 rebate

I forget. It may have been at the store, but I think that you can
also D/L from http://www.dlink.com/instant-rebate.html, if the rebate
is still in force (not sure).

>2) Can you configure it from a Mac, or do you need a PC?  (and what about
>upgrading firmware?)

Browser-GUI configure from Mac or PC or Linux, or . . .

I forget about the firmware for D-Link products.  I think that I did
all mine from a PC that I keep handy for chores like that.  One of
the reasons that I like D-Link is that they have a series of firmware
upgrades available.  The most recent one made virtual port
assignments and DMZ designation MUCH more convenient in my D-Link
wireless router.