[CUBE] 1gig G3 in Cube?

Matthew Herrebout mherrebout at real.com
Thu May 29 10:52:48 PDT 2003

I'd be interested in a gig G3. I'm impressed with the girlfriend's iBook
600 (the one with the 16 MB QE-enabled video chip). It's quite snappy with
Jaguar.

But the gig G3 chip would have to fall on my supply/demand curve, which
would be around US $200, and I'd have to hear from this group or other
trusted source that at least a handful were installed and working. Note I'm
not asking for a gig G3 for $200 :-)

And it must be faster in Photoshop than my G4 450 in every action and
filter. Photoshop is already a bit of a dog with my G4, and that's with
what I believe to be a good effort at squeezing all the Altivec performance
Adobe programmers could muster from the G4 chip.

BTW, I see and am impressed with the benchmarks that PL published. And yes,
the axes don't start at 0, but then what axes do, when published by
non-third parties ;-)  ?