[CUBE] Internal DVD recorder

Leo B. lb at leoport.com
Thu Apr 8 11:40:41 PDT 2004

> I don't believe that there is special Apple firmware on these drives.

Yes there is.  There is a special firmware that is not available to download
and flash to the drive.  There ARE, however, normal 'pc' firmware files that
are available to download and flash to the drive.  Believe me, the firmware
on the official drives from apple is different than the firmware that is on
the OEM or PC-based drives.

Toast will work with both drives.

> There are hacked versions of the driver that do allow
> the use of
> this drive in Cubes, but they are closely guarded because
> Apple

Yeah, um, I don't buy it.  Just use Patchburn II to literally MAKE your own
driver that works with Panther.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/patchburn2_feedback.html#storytop