[CUBE] Classic without superuser (root) privileges.

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Tue Apr 27 07:30:49 PDT 2004

I'd try the reinstall routine process as the last option.
First I'd trash all the classic preference files under OSX and see what happens. Classic pane first attempt will be to seek for an OS9 valid systemn folder installed in your computer.
I'd also try the backup resource. OS9 can be easily copied/moved to an external hard disk without loosing boot capabilities. You could then try to re-assign your classic sys and see if the issue persists.

Good luck,
LM

>>> brucarr at rogers.com - 2004/04/27 15:17 PM >>>
Does anyone possibly know this problem and if so do you have a solution you
would share?
When I try to run classic and I get a window -
You are running Classic without superuser (root) privileges.  Classic needs
these privileges to access system services. Ensure that TruBlueEnvironment
is setuid and owned by root, or reinstall your Mac OS X system.
I've corrected my privileges with Disk Utility as per Mac Support article
suggests - with no difference. How can I ensure that TruBlueEnvironment is
setuid?
Can I reinstall Classic only and how?. Or do I have to do the big reinstall.
Thanking you in advance.

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com

 T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>