[Cube] Problems with Powerlogix Upgrade 1.35 GHz - yout too?

Bryce McKay bryce1 at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 19 16:41:09 PST 2004

Stefan,

Many people have suffered exactly the same problems as you!  If your Cube
runs perfectly on the 450mhz upgrade then there is definitely a combination
problem with your Cube and the Powerlogix upgrade card.  Powerlogix is very
aware of this issue and will shortly be releasing a 'fix' that will involve
the addition of a custom DC/DC board.

If you check out the Cubeowner forums there has been a lot of discussion
about your very problem.  You will also see more information about the new
processor upgrade cards about to be released by Powerlogix and the new
service agreement they have with Other World Computing.

The best action for you to take is to contact Powerlogix for an RMA number
for warranty return and then ship your processor upgrade back to them ASAP.
I understand they will be sending out working cards as soon as the new
upgrade cards are officially released and all warranty replacements will be
served first.

Apparently the new upgrade cards are going to be awesome and the custom
DC/DC board will ensure that there is plenty of stable power to keep the
Cube running happily.

Don't waste any more time trying to find the problem yourself - get an RMA
number and get your upgrade card back to Powerlogix ASAP.

Hope that helps! ... And have a Happy Christmas,

Bryce.
(still waiting anxiously for my Powerlogix warranty replacement)