[CUBE] Ethernet card question

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 11:18:35 PST 2004

Entity Alan Thompson spoke thus:

> it'll work if you use a crossover cable, and each have an ip address,
> say 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2, netmask of 255.0.0.0, default router of
> 10.1.1.1 on one machine, and 10.1.1.2 on the second.
Al those numbers make my head spin. It works from both ends with default
settings.

> the other posts are about firewire target disk mode, which basically
> turns one of the computers, whichever was booted in that mode, into a
> large firewire disk that can be mounted on the other machine not booted
> into that mode, but it only works one way. confusing enough?
It wasn't confusing until someone mentioned Firewire. Laurie answered my
question quite well in 2 sentences, the rest is a red herring.

But thanks everyone for more information than I asked for.

-- Gnarlie
Getting information from the internet is like getting a glass of water from
the Niagara
                            Arthur C. Clarke