Somewhat OT: Airport questions

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Jun 18 10:53:57 PDT 2004

Hello people...I need some feeback on this.

Few days ago I got the DSL connecion at home, and considering that I
already have airport card in Cube and a brand new Powerbook on the way
next week, I thought it might be nice to put the wireless router
somewhere and forget about the cables.
I'm not a wireless freak though, and I'm even cosidering getting a
802.11b wireless router because I believe this is more than enough for
the planned use. Of course for just a  bit more $ I can get a 802.11g
router, but considering that my cube has the old airport the speed
would be bumped down even with 802.11g router when using the Cube.
What I'm actually considering is to get an older graphite base station
(I noticed one can get them for a decent price on ebay). I recall about
some older base stations exhibiting some problems and recalls so I'm a
bit wary at the moment. Anyone on the list selling a graphite base
station? :)

Am I stupid for considering buying and older technology? Would I regret
it down the road? Any other suggestions?