[CUBE] broken hearted

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Mon Mar 15 13:37:47 PST 2004

On 15 Mar 2004, at 10:17 PM, Gladys Pérez-Almiroty wrote:

> hi listas:
> i very recently bought a cube from a list member and it has a severe
> problem with the programmers button. i did this transaction on behalf
> of a friend who is presenting the machine to her husband.
> the technician says the programmer's button was used before and it is
> evident at plain sight because of the condition it is. my friend also
> bought a powerlogix 1.2 upgrade and the machine cannot be flashed if
> the button is not working.
> if anybody can help m e solve this riddle, pleas let me know asap. i
> am broken hearted and feel responsible. actually, i am just going to
> give her my cube if it cannot be fixed. i feel it is my responsibility
> because i made the transaction with the owner.
> tia,
> gladys

are we talking about the cuda button on the motherboard? or the
programmers button outside on the frame? either way it is just a button
a momentary one at that so all you really need is a piece of wire to
short the terminals of the button for a second if your technician isn't
capable to do that you'd better find another one, in my gut i feel
there might be a problem with the upgrade card due to bad installation
or a defective card. The button might be an excuse because the tech
can't get the cube up and running, what are the symptoms?