[Cube] Creating OS 9 partition and updating firmware to 4.1.9

Matthew obc_spike at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 10:11:56 PST 2005

> So my recommendation for you is find or borrow an unused hard drive and
> find or borrow a OS 9.1 or other OS 9 OS CD set, and update the
> firmware with a separate setup, then revert to your usual 10.3.7.
>
> Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. Ironically, the OS 9 CD boot problem was solved by that
thing I didn't think mattered anymore--zapping the PRAM. After the zap, I was
able to boot and install 9.0.4, then update it to 9.1 using the Apple download,
and update the firmware to 4.1.9f1. Oy! More than I expected, but at least I'm
ready to swap the CPU.

Matthew