[Cube] for pep

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 01:09:09 PDT 2005

No, no NO! Please, please PLEASE don't think that because a program does not work for me I think it's junk.  That's not the case at all. (Forgive me Melvita).  I'm a very weird case.  Seriously.  When I was in highschool I had a lot of problems with classes.  My guidance counselor gave me this standardized test thingie.  I scored in the top 1% in abstract reasoning, mechanical reasoning, and spatial relationship comprehension, but I only got a 65th percentile in verbal and a 45th percentile in numerical: I got all the "weird s#!*" in my pocket, but the day to day stuff is a problem for me.  So, I PERSONALLY find a lot of the protocols for some software baffling if they do not respond in a mechanically direct way.  THAT'S JUST ME.

As a result, I like programs that are focused on a single mission: They usually have the most mechanically direct connection to their functions.  That I can deal with.  If I have to read anything to figure them out, or worse, if there are any numerical calculations involved, I'm simply lost.  THAT'S JUST ME.

Long time listers know I've been around here for many years, but I hardly ever post.  Why?  Because you guys and gals (Sorry if that's not a PC term) ALL understand the Mac better than I do.  I like learning stuff from just lurking here (And I subscribe to every post, not just the digest).  Help never told me I could do a section of a screen shot by pressing "Apple Shift 4": I never would have figured that out if it wasn't for this list (How ANYBODY figured that out is beyond me).  Lot's of other examples.

I'm just an idiot savant, that's all. ;^)

Pep