[Cube] Re: help with protection of surges

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 09:49:07 PDT 2005

One thing that I can confirm, as a musician who has used electronic
equipment for thirty years, is that a cheap strip-type surge
protector offers very little, if any, protection.  What you REALLY
want is a POWER CONDITIONER with an isolation transformer.  I use
Furman AR-1215's exclusively.  They are about $500.00 on eBay, IF you
can find somebody willing to part with one.  Since they are made for
rack gear, they are 19" rack mountable, but no battery for backup for
computer devices.  Run an APC out of a Furman like that though, and
you will be golden.  The only weak link then would be your phone line
if you use a modem or DSL modem.