[Cube] Re: Netgear not neatgear

Helen Lowe helenjlowe at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:48:46 PDT 2005

phoeniX wrote:

    USB modem?

Yes, I have a USB connected modem which came free from my broadband
provider.

I'm sorry if I haven't got the technical terms exactly right. But this modem
works fine, while the router with inmodem built and ethernet/airport
connection doesn't. That's why I thought it was the router.

phoeniX wrote:

    Nevermind. I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who already knows
all the answers, doesn't want any input from someone with 20+ years in the
field, and uses phraseology like "cos".

I don't know all the answers, and never claimed I did. I just did all the
tests that were recommended in the manual, on the website and by the support
line. I still don't have any answers, but I've given the router to a
colleague who has a Windows PC and asked him if he'll have a go at running
the Recovery utility, so will update you when he's done that. I never said I
didn't want input. Of course I do, that's why I put the post up. I didn't
know you had 20+ years in the field. If you would like to make any
suggestions then of course I will follow them up. I'm really sorry if the
phraseology offended you. I don't normally use cos for because, but you
caught me at a busy work moment. I promise I'll never do it again.

PhoeniX wrote:

I'm terribly sorry to have wasted your time.

You haven't wasted my time.

Good luck fixing your problem.

Thank you

cheers,