[Cube] re: Getting my cube to "see" this hard drive.

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Thu Apr 9 07:57:21 PDT 2009

Hello Carrie,

(1) have you had a look onto the jumpers?

If the harddisk is slave for example and the DVD too, you will have problems.

(2) Maybe the cube has a wrong firmware to boot
with OS-X. Have look onto Apple support site-

These are the main possible reasons.

Can you start the cube with an OS-X DVD via DVD-start?
If not, that might be the firmware issue.
If yes, that speaks for the HD-problem (jumper) -
I would mean that's might be the main reason.

Of course the HD can be simply defectŠ?
Try to start from an external or the internal DVD
with OS-X or OS 9 and with the specific HD in an
external FW-enclosure. Will it be recognized
then? The FW-externals are not specific with the
jumpers as far as I know.

Good luck
Stefan