[Cube] Confession...

Riba riba at ml1.net
Wed Mar 4 01:02:35 PST 2009

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:54 +0100, "Stefan" <no-spam at punkt-x.de> wrote:
> Hello Riba,
>
> G4 or Intel-model ?
>
> I "converted" two or three years ago and wasn't disappointed.
> It is to feel, that the HD is slowlier and
> graphics is like ATi 128 on the cube.
>
> But hey: nearly no power consumption, nearly no noise, that's not bad
> too.
>

> When I "upgraded" to the 1.83 Intel Duo2Core it became better and
> have you seen the just presented newest model:
> I'm sure that will be the cube-killer finallyŠ
> Only 13 Watt power when running and not active.
> I measured a max of 58 Watt at my mini.
> My Mini works together with a 27" Dell TFT (DVI):
> very fine combination: the mini is hidden behind
> the huge TFT.
>
> Sorry to all about my cube-affront!!!

Actually I was waiting for the new Mini to buy one, but as it turns out,
it was Apple who waited for me to buy an old one. :) Actually I was just
looking at some CPU upgrades for my Cube on ebay...they all go for more
than $150...at the same time I saw a local ad for a 1.5GHz G4 Mini/1GB
of RAM with broken optical drive for $250...I figured out it is worth
getting, I have an external FW DVD drive anyway, I could really use USB
2.0 ports and the price is right...the Mini is in perfect condition. Too
bad it has less memory than the current Cube. :)
It should serve well for a while, I'm still planning to get a new Mini
once the Snow Leopard gets released so I can get it with it....
But I'm sure Cube will still get regular usage, it proved to be a rock
solis machine, at least for me.