[Cube] Luis: Your cube - how much is it worth - B

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Wed Mar 18 13:26:40 PDT 2009

Luis,

it is absolutely not my intention to hurt your
feelings (I hope you believe me).
But I'm convinced straight truth is always the best.
On the other hand pay attention to the fact, that
my statements are only personal view and specific
mainly for the german market.

Our cube may be in exhibited in a museum of
design, but it is a mass-production-object.

The standard cube you can get for about 150 Euro
(and that's no bad price!), the RAM and HD aren't
very interesting for most customers. They make
perhaps 50 Euros more, I'd say.

The GeForce is a standard card, not a very
special. There are others, more interesting ones.
No Euros plus.

The Studio Display is dealed at about 75-120 Euro
(problem are the ADC and the permanently falling
prices of new larger displays: I can buy a 22"
TFT with DVI for 180 Euros nowŠ)

The SuperDrive used for 40 to 50 Euros.

The most important part is the Powerlogix Dual Proc. surely.
May be, you could get 150-250 Euros from an
enthusiast. But when they aren't looking during
ebay during the auction that's bad luck for you.
- (Some month ago I looked for such or a similar
card for my second cube. Only very few are
offered at all. >>But now that interest has
disappeared, I think the new Mini will be my next
wish!<< I could imagine that most of us have the
feeling that the times of the cube, the upgraded
especially, are endingŠ) -

AND
I don't believe that a sale of "all-in-one" will
bring you just the sum of the added amounts: It
will bring less. So selling the parts one after
the other might bring the most. (Not all at once!)

Finally:
I know, it sounds (reads!) terrible, especially
as I'm convinced your cube is running excellent
as it is. Maybe, I'm wrong, I would even prefer
thatŠ

Perhaps someone of us would buy it?

Best regards you happy-unhappy man ;-)

Stefan