Hilfe gesucht

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 28 19:57:20 PST 2002

>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Hilfe gesucht
>From: wayne ingalls <ingallsw at frontiernet.net>
>

>As Roger wrote, if you use Norton Utilities to repair a disk, you
>need to keep running it again until it finds no more errors. Many
>times the first error found covers another error behind it. This
>should be described in the NUM manual, some newer versions
>had a preference like "repair without asking" that would look for
>other errors and fix everything on the first time through. I think
>this wasn't added until v4?

"Repair without asking" unfortunately does not fix more than one level
of error at a time, and you should still run DD again and again until
it reports "No problems found." "Repair without asking" merely helps
avoid having to answer yes/no every single time it finds any error
and wants to fix it. Why anyone would want that...

Bob F