[Duo2400] Intro with question

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 08:54:47 PDT 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 4/19/03 1:49 AM, the entity known
as Jon Glass transmitted the following from jonglass at usa.net:

> I sent the computer home with them, set up to
> use their external 56k modem, but I would still like to get the
> internal modem working if it's possible, even if it's not worth it.

Based upon what's been posted here, I'd guess that if you're really hellbent
on getting the thing to work, you'd have to downgrade to OS 8.1.  Which,
with the appropriate updates (incl. CarbonLib), should run much of the most
recent non-X software versions.  That, with some room for variation of
opinions, is probably one of the best OS choices for a 2300.

Of course, if everything else is working fine, you may be entering the realm
of 'better being the enemy of good enough'.  With a 56k modem available, I
can't imagine why anyone would voluntarily use a 14k modem.

But this is all just my two cents worth...

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)