[Duo2400] Re: Intro with question

Milton Lukins Milton at MiltonLukins.com
Sat Apr 19 09:58:11 PDT 2003

on 4/19/03 11:54 AM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst at comcast.net wrote:

> somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 4/19/03 1:49 AM, the entity known
> as Jon Glass transmitted the following from jonglass at usa.net:
>
>> I sent the computer home with them, set up to
>> use their external 56k modem, but I would still like to get the
>> internal modem working if it's possible, even if it's not worth it.
>
> Based upon what's been posted here, I'd guess that if you're really hellbent
> on getting the thing to work, you'd have to downgrade to OS 8.1.  Which,
> with the appropriate updates (incl. CarbonLib), should run much of the most
> recent non-X software versions.  That, with some room for variation of
> opinions, is probably one of the best OS choices for a 2300.

I think I can live with the small (not the 1.1 GB) hard drive in my 2300c 40
MB OS 8.1 if I can get a bigger (than the 500 MB I have) hard drive into my
Duo Dock II.  What should I be looking for?  Should I look in other places
besides ebay?  Can you elaborate further on OS 8.1 updates, CarbonLib, etc.?
--
Milton Lukins
703-869-1421