[Duo2400] STILL NEED TECH SUPPORT HELP!!!!! memory problem? UPDATED

Paul Miller pauljosephmiller at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 22:41:14 PDT 2003

--- Ralph Mawyer <mac2400 at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Install OS 8.6 internal or otherwise and boot from
> that with
> extensions off...using either module.  Then swap
> modules, then turn
> on extensions, etc.  Work your way up from the
> bottom...tedious, but
> complete.

I'm tilting at windmills here, aren't I.  I just don't
want to shelf this computer forever/broken OR send it
to DT&T for another repair (not that it's far..I just
don't want to shell out another $200 usd).  I left the
new 64mb card in (only reads 16mb) and tried to boot
from SCSI CDROM only to get the big BOMB error (a
system error occured restar holding the shift key).
The CDrom is spinning at this point.

Lest anyone thinks that this is a problem with my SCSI
setup, don't.  While in the with extensions off and
not enough memory to open anything (16mb on board seem
to be recognized) the os8 cd mounts on the desktop and
i can open the file and even read the instructions..so
it does work.

I have a feeling that while this could be a physical
problem the the memory connection (maybe the board was
so hot from the daughtercard and hard drive -I thought
the original crash was thermal related- thatsomething
lifted off and I just can't see it) it sounds like a
CPU problem may be the cause.

This theory from a non-technical nobody.

Could the 96mb card still be okay and the computer
daughtercard be bad?

Hmmmm...any thoughts?
PJM