[Duo2400] off the wall project

John Tree john at treemail.org
Mon Aug 11 16:36:16 PDT 2003

"big scoreboard"

I guess this is what costs the money.

have you looked at a cheap vga projector? you could plug it right into
a mini docks monitor port? would need to be dark though which wouldn't
help.

The bigger issue is even if you develop a neat system that runs of a
duo (or anything for that mater) who is going to have the skills to
operate/maintain it in your absence?

What about finding a "big scoreboard" someplace where you could trade
or part trade it for something (duos) or some skills you have?

Aside from this I believe you can run basic electronic (maplin type
things) from a serial port and Macromind Director. so some type of 8
segment LED thing could be run with director, but I worry that the cost
of all those LEDs would still be high.

what about a bunch of duos screwed to the wall? on a phone net network
displaying individual characters?

Any donations?

> I'm giving some thought to another use for one of my old duos.  My
> kids go to a very small school system (20 kids per class).  They
> recently built a new elementary school complete with a new gym.  I was
> thinking about raising some money for a score board in the gym and was
> shocked at the price tags for these things.
>
> That got me thinking about somehow building one out of a duo.  What I
> thought I might do is somehow build a duo with an etherdock, connect
> it to an airport base station and wirelessly connect to it with my
> wallstreet, which has a wireless card.  Any ideas on how to build a
> big scoreboard and then output to this from a duo?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John Slavin
> Kirksville, MO
> jslavin at marktwain.net

> <DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
> MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>  RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>  After-market parts
>  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][

> <http://www.macresq.com>