[Duo2400] Re: off the wall project

Paul Nelson artworks at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Aug 13 12:54:08 PDT 2003

At 7:50 AM +0300 8/13/03, Jani Tiainen wrote:
>Well, this is pretty good alternative, altough ordinary lightbulbs tend to
>wear out in fast speed switching. Better results can be obtained by using
>eg. halogenlights that are much more resistant to temperature changes and
>can handle more short time on/off cycles.

	This reminds me of some halogen lights which regularly go to waste.
There are two filament halogen seald beam units which burn out on one
filament or the other, and are then usually discarded.  Other than using
them for grow lights, this is the first real usage possibility that I've
seen come along.
Paul