[Duo2400] Re: Can't Delete Claris Emailer 2 downloads from HD

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 07:23:56 PST 2003

--- BrianH <b.harding at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> >Any/all ideas on how to overcome this situation
> >sincerely appreciated.
>
> No idea what's making this happen, Jack - but have
> you tried holding down
> option whilst emptying the Trash??
>
> hth
>

> --
>
> Take care .....

Brian,
------------------
Thanks for your reply, but itss not a matter of
emptying the Trash.  What's happening is that I can't
get the Trash can to accept the to-be-deleted file.

I mentioned earlier that the Finder would freeze up
after one of these attempts, making it impossible to
close the application.  In observing this some more,
its not quite like that: what seems to be happening is
that the application is continuing to 'run'(load). The
mouse pointer is not frozen but is "Finder
ineffective" under these conditions.

I found this morning that just leaving the Finder
grind away for several minutes might result in the
Trash accepting the to-be-deleted file. At that
juncture, the can could be emptied normally.

Jack C.