Need Help (was) Re: 2400 stuff for sale

Harbourmaster san2c at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 28 21:51:58 PST 2003

>>I am potentially interested in parting it out;
>>however, not wanting to be left with part of a 2400
>>for which I have no use, I've got a slight preference
>>for selling it as a unit.
>>
>>What parts specifically are you interested in?
>>
>>I'd like to spend some time gauging interest (probably
>>this weekend), if I get more requests for parts it may
>>work out well for everybody involved!
>>
>>Let me know!
>>
>>-Matt
>
>Any news about parting the 2400 out ?
>
>thanks,
>
>Mad Dog

Well  Tom,

The news is that I am the proud new owner of this Comet.

So far not so good news I'm afraid...

I opened the machine up to install a Hard Drive since it came to me
without one,
and now when I try to power up the machine all I get is the famous
Green Light of Death.  I didn't try booting it up before I put the HD
in so I'm not sure if it was like this or if I caused the problem.

There are a lot of missing screws inside so if anybody has a spare
set that they would be willing to sell please let me know.

I'm also missing the plastic piece that surrounds the sound ports as
well as looking for a trackpad cable as the one in this machine is
torn in half.

--

Aloha, Ken