OS update or carbonlib

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 14:27:26 PST 2003

Eric Strobel replied:

>Before you mess w/ an OS upgrade, does it *really*
>need 8.6, or will 8.1+CarbonLib work?

Any way I can figure this out without the software in
my possession?  I'd be happy if this works - cause my
OS arrangement works quite well right now, generally
quite stable (only Netscape gives some trouble
occasionally.)  Any thoughts on the browser portion of
my question?

Here's a quick rundown on the scenario.

I'm looking at using FastTrack.  I know someone who
has it but I don't want the shipping charges, etc...
if I can't do it.  The box says it needs OS 8.6.

Thanks.
Dave