[Duo2400] Re: Excel 5.0 won't work anymore!

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Sun Feb 15 10:22:50 PST 2004

On Feb 15, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Art Rice wrote:

> The 2300c has 36M RAM and 56M Virtual memory set up.
> Can you give me more details on how to see how much
> RAM is allocated to Excel?
> I don't have the installation disks for Excel. It was
> installed years ago by the IS department of the
> company that I got it from. That is why I thought I
> might copy files from another old Mac. Ideally, I
> would like to get Excel 98 for the Mac, but don't know
> where to get it!

eBay:
http://tinyurl.com/2n7ko

To check memory allocation, find the actual application. Click on it,
then Apple+I for Get Info. You'll see a drop down box, select Memory.
There will be a "minimum" and "preferred" window. Allocate a chunk of
memory (way more than the default) and then launch Excel. If it
launches, you fixed the problem. I'd definitely find a legal,
licensable copy of Office, though.

--
Greg
2400C at retrotechpost.com