[Duo2400] Re: Repaired trackpad ribbon cable

Willie Roth wroth2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 21 09:40:49 PDT 2004

    A poorly working clicker is a common problem with the 2400 though I
haven't seen it mentioned for a while. There have been sites that show
how to fix this problem and usually it has nothing to do with the
cable, though if the cable is severed that would certainly be a
problem!
    You might check the  Mac2400 site <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>
for the clicker fix... I believe they used to have it there.
    You say you were forced to use the trackpad as a clicker... the
first thing I do to any laptop I use is to active the click and drag
options of the pad. I have two 2400's and and if the clicker ever went
bad I probably wouldn't ever even know it. If you use it that way long
enough, you may also find it seems even more efficient than using the
trackpad.
Willie