2400c heat

CJPV c_j_p_v at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 17:26:46 PDT 2004

> Dear Gurus,
> 	The estimable Ralph Mawyer has suggested that the Vimage  G3 400
> upgrade is inferior to the 320 upgrade because of heat.
> 	I've a Nupower 240. Does the copper based 400 run hotter?
> 				Donald McCaig

>From what I have read online, no. The NuPower 400 and the Interware 400 both run relatively cool
since they are both copper.

I have only direct experience with the Interware 400. That, after a software install extravaganza
of 10 different apps while downloading viral updates was warm on the bottom (I have removed the
feet and had it laying flat on a wooden surface), but no more than normal body heat.  I haven't
done any scientific studies of the heat generated by the CPU, but other laptops that I have owned
have gotten far hotter.

The 5400rpm HD wasn't cooling anything down, either ~_^

Does Jeremy's strips list CPU temp on a 2400c?