[DuoList] For Sale: 2400c tricked out

Greg & Laura Reimer glll at telus.net
Fri Aug 26 14:50:02 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Hard to part with, but here goes (!snif!):

Apple PowerBook 2400c, cardbussed
G3 240MHz, 512k cache
112MB RAM
40 GIG hard drive
AC adapter

The extras:
External floppy drive
External Sony PRD-650 "discman" CD-ROM drive, bootable
180MHz processor card (original)
64MB RAM chip
2400c motherboard
Wireless PCMCIA card, uses OS9 Airport software
10/100 ethernet PCMCIA card
56k PCMCIA modem
Capsure PCMCIA video in with Critter Cam
NewerTech Bookendz
ADB flexlight (tres cool)
ADB infrared remote for presentation (forward/back)

Extra extras:
Apple Laserwriter 4/600
Extra screen plastics for 2400c, in case you want to paint it!

'nuff said? It's been quite a labour of love, and a sweet 'Book.

It has also had a lot of thermal modifications, which has brought the CPU
temp down about 10 degrees from normal. The trackpad click button is sticky
(normal on this model), and can be fixed by replacing the switch--a
modification described on the 'net (I mostly just tap on the pad).

ONE ISSUE! There is one issue that I have not solved to date: ever since I
installed the G3 upgrade, the 'Book will not wake from sleep properly. Thus
I set the hard drive to spin down, and the monitor to dim, but the PowerBook
does not "sleep" as such.

I have my price in mind, but reply off-list and let me know what you think.
Selling as a package at this point. Low-ball offers will be promptly
ignored. Shipping & supplies will be whatever it is from Vancouver, BC,
Canada.

(I'm still holding on to my 280c and minidock!)

I'll repost this in a week or so if necessary then move on to other means.

cheers!

Greg