[DuoList] Powerbook duo 2300c Hard Drive issues

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 09:56:55 PST 2008

I researched and found that the 2300c can only run OS 9.1 or lower. That may be your problem. Here is the website I found the information at: http://www.danpalka.net/powerbookduo/profiles/duo2300c.html

  Art in Silicon Valley

"Sis, Joseph C Jr 1LT NG NG NGB" <joseph.sis at us.army.mil> wrote:
  I am having trouble upgrading the hard drive in my 2300c duo.

I pulled the working IDE drive from my PB2400c (1.3g w/ OS 9.2.2
installed via OS9 Helper) and installed it in the duo. However the
duo just comes up with the blinking disk on startup.

I tried using Disk Tools via floppy. Interestingly enough I got the
message to either eject or initialize the "48.6 mb" drive. I had
this message come up at least 50 times in a row until I was finally
able to somehow escape into the finder.

Disk Tools does not see the internal drive at all.

Disk First Aid sees a "Ram" disk but is unable to do anything with
the disk - such as repair or verify.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!