[G4] Apple's New G5 Marketing Approach

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 11:44:34 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/18/03 8:52:48, shawn at yourmaclife.com writes:

<< Actually, Apple has hired one of the most effective and well respected PR
firms (Edelman Worldwide) and Advertising Agenices (Chiat/Day) in the world.

That company may be "one of the most effective and well respected"
advertising companies in the world, but their product stinks to high heaven.

An effective advertisement campaign certainly does not alienate the
established user base with "dumbed-down" visuals and/or irrelevant dialogue. You don't
expect anybody to actually buy a G5 because it can blow a user through three
walls of his house and not cause any visible injury, do you? Or, that his wife
would be standing there with her mouth open in surprise and not screaming her
head off in terror? My dogs would have been long gone, running for their
lives, if an explosion occurred in the house. Then, to top everything off, there's
not even a cloud of dust near the G5 and the monitor is still standing upright.

Come on, now! Let's be a bit more realistic and intelligent in our acceptance
of advertising products. But.... that just may be a bit too much to expect
from the average American public. I know that Hollywood is Hollywood, but please
don't insult me by putting me in with the mass of ignorance that we call the
public.

Here in California, we were supposed to start testing our high school
students for proficiency before graduating them and giving them their diplomas. That
testing program just got put on the back burner, postponed for another year at
least, because at least 20% of this year's graduating students have already
failed the priliminary testing and the schools do not believe that they can
learn the required material quickly enough to pass the proficiency test by next
June.

'Nuff said?