OSX.1, Kernel Panic, and Peripherals

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 14 18:43:22 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm rarely in OSX yet, but anywho I did get a kernel panic yesterday that I
could not
resolve with a fsck because the scrolling kept going on and I could never
get a prompt
on reboot. So I called Apple and as it happens the panic decided to go away
by itself,
but Apple feels the problem is most likely an allergy to one of my
peripherals. I'm
hoping this is one of the devices that I was thinking would not be
compatible with
OSX anyway (Wacom ArtZ, iMate, Adaptec 2905 SCSI card) but he mentioned it
could also be a RAM card or the USB hub!

Anybody else having itchy stuff going on? Wanna compare notes? I am going to
be adding 512 megs RAM and Jaguar in the next couple weeks and am kind of
wondering
what I am in for. (Having to throw away all my old or new RAM? Yikes!)

Anne Keller Smith, Webdesign
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net     http://www.earthpigz.com
Please no attachments! Thanks.