Apple OS Not Compatible with FCC Web

Richard Kriss kriss at gbronline.com
Wed Jan 29 06:36:38 PST 2003

Since several readers misread my reason for posting to the G4 list.  I was
not slamming Safari as Explorer 5.2.2 has the same problem. Per the FCC the
page will not work with a Mac OS due a Java script issue. They are not
picking on Macs becasue PC behind firewalls and all AOL users have the same
issue.  My personal opinion is the FCC needs to clean up their act but
that's not going to happen in the near term..  If you are a Mac user and
NEED to use the FCC's ONLINE application, just use a co-worker's PC.  If you
try to use a Mac OS it will not work and the lame FCC error message is
useless. Safari works great on all other FCC web pages.  I had to use a PC
to do my online business with the FCC and it made me appreciate my G4.