outlook express - recovering messages help needed

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Wed Jan 29 07:37:57 PST 2003

Hoping that this is an easy one...

I'm trying to recover an Outlook Express 5 "Messages" document that I saved
from our powerbook before the HD had to be wiped. I saved the entire "Main
Identity" file under "Identities" (in Microsoft User Data file). The PB had
OS 9.2.2.

I then just stuck the entire Identity file in the Identities file on our G4
(OS 9.2.2), gave the Identity a different name (not Main), and then open OE
5.

I have the option to change identities okay, but when I open the second
identity, there's just the "Welcome" message in the Inbox. No sign of any of
the other messages --- even though the "Messages" document is 249.5 MB and
contains about 6 months worth of email!

Anyone know what the problem is here? Is there any way of opening these
messages in OE (or any other program)?

I'm obviously showing my Eudora past here, as I used to be able to just drag
and drop message folders into Eudora and they'd appear the next time I
opened the app.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris