[G4] Dead FW ports

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Mon Jul 14 08:51:52 PDT 2003

AFAIK, the FW bus is integrated on the logic board. Two ports, one bus. If
it's blown, I think the only option is a new logic board.

Someone suggested a PCI FW card. Should work fine, as long as you're not
capturing to or from a FW drive on the same card as your deck. Even then,
most of the time, it will handle the bandwidth, depending on your G4. You
probably have a second drive for media files in those G4s, right?

YMMV.

Brian Conner