[G4] 2003 Dual 1.25 GHz won't sleep (USB)

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 21:03:28 PDT 2003

I have seen other people have similar problems with the operation of their
G4s. They have reported that the problem is resolved as soon as they disconnect
the USB hub that they are using.

If I remember correctly, most of the reports have dealt with non-powered USB
hubs. I cannot remember any reports of powered hubs causing the "fail to
sleep" problem.

I would suggest trying a powered hub as an experiment and try to duplicate
the problem. If the problem does not appear, then you have found the solution.
If it reappears, then try the other suggestions such as repairing permissions,
etc.