[G4] More CPU for G4 450.

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 29 14:18:13 PDT 2003

Bravo Roger. I too recently bought a refurbished dual 867 MDD two
months ago for $1319. And I found myself buying a new dual 1.25 MDD
(w/2MB L3 cache on each processor and that boots 9) Tuesday morning for
$1599.

Why?

Well it was less than $300 more than I paid for the dual 867 and I
figured it's worth having now instead of waiting months for the G5 when
I can just wait a few more for a refurbished dual 2 GHz G5 next year.

Yes the dual 867 MDD is no slouch. I think I will be very happy with
the dual 1.25 MDD as I am with this one. Just wanted to have the last
of a dying breed of the most powerful G4 that boots 9 in my stable.

As for PowerLogix. I think they are pretty much sucking wind at this
point. For Cube owners (me too) it's a bit more complicated. But I
agree with you the price still needs to be lower. I think a 1.4 GHz for
$399 might be right. i guess it's up to Motorola as to how soon they
will lower their prices to third parties.

"We're Looking At A Long Period of Labor 'til January"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"Verax MDD-FW800 Silence Kit Kills Almost All The Noise"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released " <http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>