[G4] Jaguar Install/Update Difficulties

Ramsey French rammjet at bisnaga.com
Sun Mar 16 12:53:11 PST 2003

On 3/16/03 6:34 PM, "Gene Fozard" <fozard at nauticom.net> wrote:

> Double clicked "MACOSXUpdateCombo10.2.3.dmg.bin" hoping to install the update.
> Because of
> some glitches, i did it a few times more.  I now have on the Jaguar partition
> "MACOSXCombo10.2.3.dmg" and "MACOSXCombo1.2.3.dmg1 through 8.  So, through my
> stupidity,
> that file is there 9 times.
>
> Profiler says I still have OS10.2 on the machine, not 10.2.3.

That's because you still haven't run the installer.

"MACOSXUpdateCombo10.2.3.dmg.bin" is an encoded file that needs to be
decoded by Stuffit Expander.  Which you did 9 times.

Now you need to reveal the installer which is enclosed in the disk image
file called "MACOSXCombo10.2.3.dmg".  Disk Copy is the utility to open this
file.  If you double-click on "MACOSXCombo10.2.3.dmg", a disk image should
be mounted to the desktop.  If not, then fire up Disk Copy and open the .dmg
file.  Once the image is mounted, Open this image and you will find the
installer.