[G4] DRIVE PROBLEM

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 18 13:19:59 PST 2003

Hey,

I'm assuming these are ATA as two 80 GB SCSI drives would cost a
fortune. I don't see how heat would cause that kind of problem. Of
course it could be contributing. I think your problem could be:

1)You have a damaged OSX partition and the heat from the case could be
causing the drives to error out.

2)One of the drives could be bad and since they're RAID'ed it could be
bringing down the other drive with it even though the boot partition
isn't RAID'ed.

3)There is an Internet Explorer bug that causes damaged Systems under
Jag. But this is only on the old version they have since fixed it.
Check to make sure Internet Explorer is up to date.

4) Reset the CUDA switch it's a little black button somewhere on the
mother board.

CJ