[G4] How to verify legitimacy of online business...

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Nov 5 04:55:27 PST 2003

At 07:44 -0500 11/5/03, Michael Cucka wrote:
>Now, how do I go about reposting these guys so that their web sire is pulled
>down? Afterall, they still have a web presence where they are offering items
>"for sale" like a normal e-tailer, so I'm sure someone might mistake them
>just for a normal sale.

Are you quite sure that the web presence you see is actually that of the crooks?

At the least you need to look very closely at the raw data in the email message you received. Spammers use all sorts of tricks including images of text to hide real URL's behind pictures that look as though they point to legitimate businesses but in fact are just stolen names.

Clicking on a link in an e-mail can take you anywhere.

--
--> Truly advanced science can easily be mistaken for the musings of an idiot. <--