Fwd: Announcing: MAC OS X Support for Umax Scanners

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 18:11:21 PST 2003

Here is a very good bit of information from UMAX for those that are
interested in using there older and newer Umax  scanners on macs
running os x. SilverFast SE 6.0 for UMAX Scanners.... After almost 3
years they finally get out os 10 driver, probably only to be
incompatible with 10.3, but still it is worth a shot instead of buying
a new scanner. Here is the link to the software that costs $27.00 which
is reasonable if it works for someone who is going to buy a new
scanner. I have no idea how good the software, but from being a former
Umax I would have liked the option. So for those who still have Umax
Stuff here is a solution....

http://www.umax.com/scanners/index.jsp?
cate=Scanners%3A+Scanning+Software&skunum=SFTW-62905

Read the Forward message Below  for more or click the link....

Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Market UMAX <market at umax.com>
>> To: macintalk2c at hotmail.com
>> Subject: Announcing: MAC OS X Support for Umax Scanners
>> Date: Wed,  5 Nov 2003 14:20:37 -0600 (CST)
>>

> From: Market UMAX <market at umax.com>
> Date: November 5, 2003 3:20:37 PM EST
> Subject: Announcing: MAC OS X Support for Umax Scanners

Contact UMAX| Professional Scanner | Consumer Scanner | Digital
Camera| Flash Memory

> SilverFast SE 6.0 for UMAX Scanner Mac OS X Support
>

> Dear UMAX Customer,
>
> SilverFast SE 6.0 is a new solution from LaserSoft Imaging which can
> be used to support most of the UMAX scanners for Mac users at a very
> low cost. SilverFast SE is designed to work with all major scanners.
>
> Support Operating System: Mac OS 9.1.x to 9.2.x, 10.1.x to 10.2.x.
> Support UMAX Scanner Models: (Note, Orange Micro Grappler 906F is
> recommended for all SCSI Models)
>

> Astra 600S
> Astra 1200S
> Astra 1220S